Do you believe that a willingness to help others is a natural human behavior? Do you want to help us inspire and support a culture of philanthropy in this country? Are you ready to open people’s hearts and work for a better Czech Republic? If you answered yes to all of the above, we’d like to offer you a dream job!
Senior philanthropy manager at Via Foundation
At Via Foundation we provide support to people who are actively involved in their communities and encourage people to view philanthropy as a normal part of life in the Czech Republic. We strongly believe in nurturing a free and courageous society where people accept responsibility for themselves and their community.
Your challenges at Via:
- leadership of philanthropy programs and Via Foundation projects
- development, execution and evaluation of a strategy for our philanthropy programs and an annual work plan
- mentorship about philanthropic themes to co-workers at Via Foundation
- project co-operation across Via teams
- project management and supervision
Our largest philanthropic programs and projects at this time are Darujme.cz, the Via Bona Philanthropy Awards, the Umění darovat philanthropy journal, the Dobro-druzi grant program and other activities (polls, statistics about giving in Czechia, communication of philanthropy to the public, networking).
You should have:
- At least 3 years’ working experience in the field of philanthropy development, fundraising or CSR
- Experience with individual philanthropy
- A passion about the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors and about philanthropy
- An ability to collaborate with others, communicate effectively and support team members
- Strong communication skills
- Management prerequisites; experience in managing projects
- Fluency in Czech and English
- An overview about philanthropy around the globe, especially in the CEE region
- Proficiency in standard office tools (Microsoft Office pack, etc.)
What you can look forward to:
- A great, friendly team!
- Meaningful work with long-term potential as part of a respected foundation with a 20-year history
- A professional office in Prague (Dělnická 9, Holešovice)
- A full-time job; starting salary depending on experience CZK 26-30,000
- CZK 3,000-10,000 quarterly bonuses and 5 weeks of vacation
- Meal vouchers, continuing education opportunities, etc.
Interested? Great! Please apply by sending a cover letter explaining why you want this job and why we should want you for this job along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be contacted on an ongoing basis.